How to Fix Phantom 4 Controller Not Charging
The DJI Phantom 4 is a popular drone model known for its advanced features and excellent performance. However, like any electronic device, it is not immune to issues. One common problem that Phantom 4 users may encounter is a non-charging controller. If you find yourself in this situation, don’t worry, as there are several troubleshooting steps you can take to fix the issue.
Here are some steps to follow to fix a Phantom 4 controller that is not charging:
1. Check the charging cable: Ensure that the charging cable is securely connected to both the controller and the power source. Sometimes, a loose connection can cause charging problems.
2. Try a different charging cable: If the cable you are using is damaged or faulty, it may not charge the controller correctly. Test with a different cable to eliminate this possibility.
3. Inspect the charging port: Carefully examine the charging port on the controller for any dirt, debris, or damage. If there is any obstruction, use a small brush or compressed air to clean it out gently.
4. Restart the controller: Turn off the controller and restart it. Sometimes, a simple reboot can resolve charging issues.
5. Update firmware: Ensure that your controller is running the latest firmware version. If not, update it using the DJI Assistant 2 software or the DJI GO app.
6. Reset the controller: Perform a factory reset on the controller by pressing and holding the power button for 10 seconds. This will reset the device to its default settings and may fix the charging problem.
7. Check the battery: Make sure the battery is properly inserted into the controller. Remove it and reinsert it to ensure a secure connection.
8. Test with a different battery: If you have access to another Phantom 4 battery, try charging the controller with it. This will help determine if the issue lies with the battery or the controller.
9. Use a wall charger: Instead of charging the controller through a computer or USB hub, try using a wall charger. Some USB ports may not provide enough power for charging.
10. Try a different power source: If you are charging the controller using a portable power bank, switch to a wall outlet. Sometimes, power banks may not deliver sufficient power for charging.
11. Contact DJI support: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it is recommended to reach out to DJI support for further assistance. They may have additional troubleshooting steps or recommend sending the controller for repair.
12. Check warranty: If your Phantom 4 controller is still under warranty, contact DJI to inquire about a possible replacement or repair. They will guide you through the warranty process and provide the necessary support.
Common Questions and Answers:
1. Why is my Phantom 4 controller not charging?
There can be several reasons for this issue, including a faulty cable, a dirty charging port, or a software glitch.
2. Can I charge the controller while flying the drone?
No, it is not recommended to charge the controller while flying the drone. It is best to charge it before or after a flight.
3. How long does it take to fully charge the controller?
The charging time may vary depending on the battery level and the charging method used. On average, it takes around 1-2 hours to fully charge the controller.
4. Can I use a third-party charger to charge the controller?
It is recommended to use the original DJI charger or an authorized charger to ensure compatibility and prevent any potential damage to the controller.
5. Is it normal for the controller to get warm during charging?
Yes, it is normal for the controller to get slightly warm during charging. However, if it becomes excessively hot, disconnect it immediately and contact DJI support.
6. Why is my controller charging slowly?
A slow charging speed can be caused by a low-power source, a damaged charging cable, or a faulty battery.
7. What should I do if the controller still doesn’t charge after trying all the troubleshooting steps?
If none of the troubleshooting steps work, it is best to contact DJI support for further assistance.
8. Can I charge the controller with a power bank?
Yes, it is possible to charge the controller with a power bank. However, make sure the power bank has sufficient power output to charge the controller effectively.
9. Can I use a wireless charger to charge the controller?
No, the Phantom 4 controller does not support wireless charging. You need to use a wired charging method.
10. Should I charge the controller with the drone turned on or off?
It is recommended to charge the controller with the drone turned off to avoid any potential interference or issues.
11. Why is my controller’s battery draining quickly?
If your controller’s battery is draining quickly, it may indicate a software or hardware issue. Try updating the firmware and resetting the controller to see if it resolves the problem. If not, contact DJI support for further assistance.
12. Can I charge the controller while it is connected to a mobile device?
Yes, you can charge the controller while it is connected to a mobile device. However, make sure the charging cable is securely connected to both the controller and the mobile device.